Credits: Shanmugavel V
PSG COLLEGE OF TECHNOLOGY, COIMBATORE
DEPARTMENT OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
ONLINE VENMURASU PROGRAMMING TEAM QUALIFIER CONTEST
The total duration of the qualifier contest will be 12 hrs. (8:00am – 8:00pm) on 31/12/2022.
- The objective of this contest is to qualify the teams to do a 3 months project (Jan 2023- Mar 2023)
- The details of the list of projects to select from will be shared after this qualifier contest.
- Basic knowledge on how to use Git.
- A public GitHub repository to upload code and data.
- Team of 3 students (maximum of 5)
- Task focuses on building a simple web application using external API using a programming language(s) of your choice. (Note: Web application details will be shared to the teams only on 31/12/2022 at 8.00am through the registered email)
- Complete the task by the deadline and submit the code through a publicly accessible github repository.
- For any doubts/clarifications regarding the contest, please go to the Issues and raise your question (without posting your code or implementation details)
- Please document your strategy of implementation in detail in the repo’s README
- Results would be announced within a week after the deadline.
Teams will be qualified based on the following criteria:
- Could successfully build/compile the application based on instructions (weightage – 10%)
- Search functionality implemented and working (weightage – 30% )
- Usability and User Interface (weightage – 20% )
- Display the details when selected (weightage – 10% )
- Code quality and documentation (weightage – 20% )
- Web Application is hosted in a public accessible site (weightage – 10%)
Cash award: ₹ 25,000 and certificates will be given to the teams based on the performance of the 3 months project.
Contest is open to students of PSG Tech, Coimbatore, India. Registration link will be sent through your registered email id.